Friday, July 18, 2008

Line 2 pub crawl.

I can't remember where I read this (might have been in Metropolitan magazine a couple of years ago), but it must be so much fun. I never got round to doing it, but I invite you to try and leave me comments!

The idea is based on the Purple line of the metro system (line 2), which has 17 metro stops. Basically, you start at one end, at Pep Ventura, and make your way back to the end, Paral.lel, which is fairly central, too. The trick is that you have to get out of each metro station and have a beer, then get back on again and do the same. You have to just go into the first bar you find - no searching around - just any bar, the closest one to the metro station. Bottles I imagine would be the best bet, as if you have 17 half-litres, you won't make it very far.


I have taken the metro from Paral.lel to Pep Ventura without getting off, and it takes 45 minutes. This means by my calculations you would need to start at about 8pm to be able to ensure that you aren't completely rushing the beers down (you will obviously have to plan toilet trips well?!), and I think this used to be much more complicated when the metro closed at 11pm! Fortunately, Fridays is until 2am, and Saturday the metro runs all night, so you can try a Saturday, and see how far you get before the bars close!!

Go on, you know you want to try it!!

Barcelona apartments for groups and Cheap barcelona apartments.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great, although there's no way my friends and I would make it to the end without having some tapas along the way. does that count?!
___________________________________
Link Building Services Barcelona

 
Follow Me on Twitter