Monday, July 15, 2013

More Urban Graffiti - Or is it?

Any regular readers will know I love the Graffiti in Barcelona and it seems to have taken a shift in recent years to more planned style of graffiti with transfers ala Banksy, or pre-prepared copies that are pasted around the city like posters on the metro air vents.

So it's still fun for me when I find the cool ones that combine a piece of existing urban architecture - like a road sign - and transforming it into something completely different like this kind of thing. How cool is that? Ghostbusters on a no entry sign?!


So it's been awhile, but I saw another cool one  - perhaps more politically-laden in its message this time - just the other day. Et voila:



Same kind of thing, I know, but rings true with the oppression and impotence many sections of society are feeling at the moment with so much corruption and injustice on every single news bulletin all day every day. I assumed it was a one-off, and have qactually had this post ready for over 2 weeks. Then I saw this:



And this...
 And this...

And finally this...(quite probably my favourite)

So here's me thinking this is a fair bit of effort for some individual/s to go to and made me think it might be something else. A reliable guy I know who saw me taking photos, told me that it was "the guys with the reflective jackets on from the council" who put them up there. ?! Why on earth would the council be doing this ? Surely they might have dressed like that to "look" official and nobody asks them questions right? Or am I missing some kind of initiative from the council and road signs?! Please enlighten me if anyone does happen to know what it's all about - leave me a comment below! 

Fancy a Barcelona break this summer?! Check out BCN Rentals apartments for some great deals on last minute accommodation. And for a quick look at the city sights, see their Barcelona guide

1 comments:

Unknown said...

These pictures are unbelievable. So hilarious. I will be in Spain next week. Booked my tickets with Lufthansa already. This is the only airline i truly trust when it comes to providing the best of comforts. Hoping for a fun filled trip

 
Follow Me on Twitter