Thursday, May 13, 2010

BarcelonaSights Interview - Artist Adriano Luli

This week I have another interview, with Adriano Luli - a fantastic artist using a great technique to bring a new fusion of life to recycling and art. As always, I have received no fee in this post and I would like to thank Adriano for taking the time to answer the questions.

Adriano, you're Brazilian. How long have you been in Barcelona?

I'm from Brasilia, Brazil. I've been in BCN for 6 years.

What do you like about Barcelona? And what don't you like?

In Barcelona what I like the most is the diversity of the art. I have the sensation that art is in everything you see, but life in Barcelona is at such a fast pace, that's what I don't like.

Adriano's Work is original - click for detail - Barcelona Sights

Your art is very original. How did you think of the idea to use cans?

One day I had a ton of cans ready to throw out and I thought with such a quantity of colours I could use them to make something creative and recycle at the same time. That's how it went.

What inspires you when you have a blank canvas in front of you?

When I have a blank canvas in front of me the first thing I imagine is painting a figure full of colours and I travel into a parallel world just as real until I leave the piece and I consider it finished, given that I can never stop re-touching or adding things.

How long does it take you to do one?

To make one usually takes an average of 30 hours.

Are there any things that you haven't captured in your art so far that you'd like to?

A great question! I have an idea from such a long time ago of good and evil, but I never been able to paint or draw anything.

Barcelona Sights - Adriano Luli's Artwork this month

Tell us about the exposition you have this month.

The exposition is called "Las Figuras Recicladas" (The recycled figures) from the RE-Latando project (a play on words of telling a story, recycling and cans "latas" in Spanish). It expresses a story of multi-coloured figures, first drawn and then colourd using aluminium cans and some smaller ones with curcuit boards. The exposition is from the 7th May to the 7th June in Calle Paloma, 5 - Espacio de arte INUSUAL PROYECTO.


Coming to Barcelona this month? Check out these apartments for rent as a great alternative to hotels, and for a quick look at the city, check out this Barcelona guide.

0 comments:

 
Follow Me on Twitter