Friday, February 5, 2010

Cool Music This Month in BCN

Perhaps a little bit of an indlugent post here, but this month sees some great music come to Barcelona. Tomorrow night UK rockers Arctic Monkeys return to the Catalan Capital to play a sell-out Sant Jordi Club with Mystery Jets supporting. Italian crooner Eros Ramazzotti plays on the 15th, and Kevin Costner plays an incredible two nights in Barcelona on the 18th and 19th. I'm never quite sure about actors who form bands, like Keanu Reeves, Woody Allen, etc. but I suppose he must have his own following. These are not the reason for my title of today's post.

It's the night of the 11th that has me excited, and I'm not talking about Joss Stone at Palau de la Musica. One of my favourite bands, Dinosaur Jr, are playing the Sala Apolo. Responsible for perhaps one of the best guitar riffs of all time (What Else is New from 1993's Where you been) voted by magazines such as NME, Q, etc. you won't be surprised to hear that they feature heavily on my spotify playlists. I've never embedded video into any of my blog posts before, but if anyone deserves it, it's J and the guys. Enjoy.


Dinosaur Jr - I Don't Think So


Coming to Barcelona this month? Check out these self catering apartments for rent in Barcelona instead of opting for a hotel. There are some great savings to be made!

0 comments:

 
Follow Me on Twitter